Personal Information Collection Statement
Your / Patient’s personal data is classified as confidential and can only be collected and used by Integrated Clinical Oncology Network Pty Ltd (Icon) and members of the Group (including Icon Cancer Centres and Icon Specialist Centres) (“Group”), and any future healthcare services providers related to the Group, where permitted by this Statement, the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance or otherwise legally compelled to do so. This Statement will govern the collection of your / patient’s personal data pursuant to the Patient Appointment Request Form, the subsequent communication between you, the Group and provision of medical and healthcare services to you / patient.
COLLECTION OF DATA
- To understand your needs and provide timely feedback, the Group may contact you / Patient by phone or email to collect and discuss about your personal data and health information.
- In order to provide you / Patient with suitable medical services, treatments and facilities, you agree to provide the Group with your / Patient’s personal data (including health information, past medical history, drug history etc.), authorize any appropriate third party to provide the Group with your / Patient’s medical history and any other relevant information, and to compile personal data about you / Patient from time to time. Your / Patient’s provision of personal data to the Group is voluntary. However, if you / Patient are unable to supply the required personal data, the Group may not be able to provide the adequate relevant medical services, treatments or facilities to you / Patient.
- If the information you are going to provide involves your relatives or friends, you should inform them before providing such personal data to the Group and provide a duly signed Authorisation Letter to the Group. You should also inform them of the relevant use of their personal data by the Group.
- If the personal data provided is not accurate or complete, the Group reserves the right not to provide medical services, treatment or facilities to you / Patient. The Group will not be liable for any delay in communication or providing medical services, treatments or facilities as a result of such inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Personal data provided by you / Patient will be used by the Group, and may also be disclosed or transferred to the following types of persons for the purposes set out in this Statement:
- Doctors, therapists and healthcare service providers who are not the Group’s staff or personnel
- Relevant government departments, administrative authorities or medical institutions
- Any agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide administrative, computer, technology, information or other services to the Group in connection with its business, services, facilities and activities
- Any persons or entity to whom the Group are obligated to disclose under law or regulatory requirements or rules
ACCESS TO OR CORRECTION OF DATA
- Except where there is an exemption provided under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you / Patient have the right to request access to and correction of your / Patient’s personal data that is held by the Group. If you need to have access to or correct the personal data, you should submit a written request to the following address:
Health Records Unit (Record Enquiry)
Address: 10/F, Central Building, 1-3, Pedder Street, Central, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 3612 9261
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Group has the right to charge a reasonable handling fee for request to access or correct your / Patient’s personal data. Photocopying charges also apply in respect of each page of photocopies made.
RETENTION OF DATA
- The Group will retain the personal data provided by you / Patient for a reasonable period of time to implement the purposes for which such personal data is collected or to comply with the applicable laws, regulations and regulatory requirements or rules of Hong Kong.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This Statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.
Note: In case of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.